(This is Marianne’s city, which just happens to be my favorite city in the USA. And Marianne took me to a bathroom so that I could get this picture. This is something that only REAL friends will do for you. That and meet you at a Cracker Barrel along the highway.)
9. Favorite Show?1. What are you wearing?Oh hay-seuss. I cannot stop laughing because that is like the sketchiest question ever.2. Ever been in love?Um…I’m married. Does that count?3. Ever have a terrible break-up?Yep. Maybe even more than my fair share. I hope that all those guys who dumped me are suffering. I hope all the guys I dumped are happy. I’m totally cool/bitter that way.4. How tall are you?Let’s put it this way: I prefer to think of myself as “vertically challenged.”5. How much do you weigh?How much do you want me to kick your a$$?6. Any tattoos?Not a fan of needles.7. Any piercings?Ears, but only one hole apiece.(Needle issue.) I thought about getting the belly button done when I was young and cute, but I got over it. I also got over the desire to have my belly pierced.8. OTP (One true pair, favorite fictional couple?)Marianne said Catherine and Heathcliff. Really? Not sure I’m buying that, Mare, mainly because I really don’t like Catherine. I much prefer Elinor Dashwood and Edward Ferrars, or Emma Woodhouse and George Knightley or anyone in Jane’s world.
Please don’t make me choose. It’s like choosing a favorite child. I am a television ‘ho.
10. Favorite Bands?
I am a huge fan of what they used to call “bubblegum” music. Do the Archies count, even though they were not even people?
11. Something you miss?
I’ll be honest. I am totally with Marianne on this one. I miss Pudding Pops. Those things were the $hiz.
12. Favorite Song?
”Build Me Up, Buttercup” by The Foundations. It has been my theme song since the eighth grade.
13. How old are you?
The eighth grade was 40 years ago.
14. Zodiac sign?
“Mind the Gap”
15. Quality to look for in a partner?
When I was younger, a gold Amex. Now…a pulse.
16. Favorite Quote?
“Are you sure this is Akron? Because that sign said ‘Ashtabula.’” Pete Galbraith, 1979.
17. Favorite Actor?
Hmmmmm….Buddy Ebsen? Fess Parker? Dick York? So many to choose from…
18. Favorite Color?
Depends. I wear a lot of aqua, but I wouldn’t want an aqua car.
19. Loud music or soft?
Am I dancing? Because you need to crank it. Am I talking to someone? Then I like just enough.
20. Where do you go when you are sad?
In a perfect world, if I am sad then Hawaii would probably make me happy. Otherwise, I would go home and drink.
21. How long does it take you to shower?
Alone? Not long.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
Just inside of fifteen minutes. There isn’t a lot to distract me at 5 am.
23. Ever been in a physical fight?
No, but it’s on my bucket list.
24. Turn on?
I never really understood this phrase. Do you mean something that makes me happy, or something that makes me horny? If it’s the latter, then nothing. See number 13. #Iamtoooldforthatcrap
People who take themselves too seriously. There are times to be serious, but not many of them. Choose wisely.
26. The reason I started blogging?
I don’t have many real-life friends, so I thought maybe I’d find some on the internet. Have you heard of the internet? It’s really awesome.
Breaking a hip, because I know they’ll just put me down. See #13.
28. Last thing that made you cry?
Any one of a dozen things they post on Upworthy. Despite my snarky wit, I am a sentimental slob. Please don’t blow my cover.
29. Last time you said you loved someone?
Every day, multiple times a day. I am a sentimental slob.
30. Meaning behind the name of your blog (Kirb Appeal)?
One of the perks of having so many boyfriends is that once in awhile, you get a good idea that you can steal. One of them once said that I had “Kirb Appeal,” so I stole the idea.
31. Last book you read?
My book club read Big Little Lies.
32. Book you are currently reading?
Almost finished with the latest by Anna Quindlen (whom I love!), Still Life With Bread Crumbs.
33. Last show you watched?
Syracuse vs. Notre Dame. Welcome to my world.
34. Last person you talked to?
The cats. It annoys the heck outta them.
35. The relationship between you and the person you just texted?
Texting? Is that what my children do instead of calling me? Do they not understand I need to HEAR a VOICE?!?
36. Favorite food?
Is there any bad food, really?
37. Place you want to visit?
Well, I’ve never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music. I’d fit in with the insane ladies.
38. Last place you were?
39. Do you have a crush?
I do. It’s orange.
40. Last time you kissed someone?
I kiss the cats all. the. time.
Last time you were insulted?
Someone called me “stupid” recently, which was a first. Most of the time, people say “You think you’re so smart,” to which I answer “Why, yes. Yes, I do.”
42. Favorite flavor of sweet?
I love pie. Is pie a flavor?
43. What instruments do you play?
I can make the clarinet sound like a dying rodent.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry?
I have a charm bracelet for which I have been collecting charms since 1967.
45. Last sport you played?
Professional hockey for the Toronto Maple Leafs. *snort*
46. Last song you sang?
“Just a small town girl…livin’ in a lone-lee wuh-urld…she took the midnight train goin’ eh-nee-where…”
47. Favorite chat up line?
48. Have you ever used it?
49. Last time you hung out with anyone?
Are you including cats?
50. Who should answer these questions next?
I guess that depends on who will hate me the least. Here we go, and PLEASE don’t feel obligated, because we all have Halloween to get ready for, and that requires TABLESCAPES!
*Teen Wolf at What We Keep*Upstate Andrea at Maybe it's Just Me
*Young Cassie at Primitive and Proper
*Sistah Bliss at Bliss Ranch
*Anyone else who would like to (I hate to be exclusive).