Monday, January 6, 2014
I haven’t been posting for the last few weeks because there’s been all kinds of stuff going on at work and I’ve also needed to get one of the condos ready for a new tenant. (Kirby says: The condos ARE more important, as they are ‘sure money,’ as opposed to furniture which might not sell for a few months. And I DON’T do the condo stuff. That is the rule. If something happens to DL, I am dumping those condos ASAP. I can’t take care of the house we live in, let alone two more that we don’t.) But this weekend I started two new projects and completed one.
I saw a little box bench at the shop in Greensboro where Kirb has a booth. (Kirby: and he grabbed onto that idea like a bulldog and would not let it go. I bet he asked me a thousand times if he should make one of these.) I used some of the pieces of cherry trim that I had in the warehouse at work and added them to a box I built out of poplar. I used some bead board pieces for the back of the box.
I’m not sure what this trim was meant for, because it isn’t finished off. On this piece, I don’t really think it matters. (Kirby again: I think this was meant to be layered between other moldings, because it had little marks on one side of it. Plus, it didn’t have finished edges on it. It was cherry, though, and worth staining and incorporating on this piece.)
Kirby painted and stained it, and it’s ready to go!