While I can sew apparel and have done a lot of quilting, skill at upholstery evades me.
But that doesn't stop me from trying.
This is the ugly ottoman I found at a yard sale. It was in pretty good shape and very sturdy...and only five bucks!
I took the sucker apart, which eventually involved a rachet wrench (not
pictured here) which was pretty exciting. I *heart* rachet wrenches!
This is a pic of a rachet wrench, which I obtained from the Google.
Anyway, I took the whole thing apart, then took my pretty fabric (which wasn't quite wide enough) and sewed a band of dropcloth around it. (I am not as talented with dropcloth as this lady, but I try.)
The legs were some kind of resin composite, so I'm not sure how well the paint will stick, but I painted 'em anyway.
You can see my hideously crooked seam here. Go ahead...judge me.