At the beginning of the summer, I set some goals for myself. Some were wildly successful. (Okay, that's an exaggeration. Some were marginally successful.) Here's the August update:
1. 300 followers - not even close. But I am at 222, which was a room on a show about a teacher. So I guess that is an appropriate numero. And thanks to you folks who have a zillion followers, for not rubbing it in..
2. Tutorials - I have learned that I really suck at tutorials. I am a great teacher in person, but it doesn't translate to written instructions and photos. I'd like to blame my camera, but that isn't fair. I think before Labor Day (which is my deadline) I will do some vlog tutorials. That may be more my milieu.
3. 20 projects - I am well on my way to achieving that goal. So far? The living re-do alone has: a painted floor, a large buffet, a cabinet, a small buffet, a coffee table, walls, and window treatments. In addition, there are a bunch of things I've completed for the shops, both the new one and the one that's currently under a ton of roofing material. Most of those I've shown here, and they include: two chairs (the sideways ones), two desks, two side tables, and a coffee table. That's fourteen and I still have a couple of weeks. I'm currently working on another chair and a fun side table as well as several pillows and table runners.
4. Guest posts - I wanted to do two, and that's exactly what I did! Debbie from ReFresh ReStyle and I guested for Jamie at crafty, happy, scrappy and I'll be guesting for Linda in a couple of weeks.
5. Linking - I haven't done a bunch of linking this summer, mainly because I'm always late to the party. I find that the earlier you link, the more hits you get. Like I said before (somewhere), I would rather have 35 people read the post and have ten of those folks comment, then 350 read the blog and not say a word. I understand that it's a trade-off, but it's one I'm willing to make. If I feel the need for hits, I'll link. But I am taking part in the Blogging Without Borders, here and here. You should see the stuff some of these womes are doing.
The next update will be at the end of the summer, when I will wrap this sucker up! (And maybe once again end a sentence with a preposition!)