Today, I received a very nice e-mail from Heather. Heather has an idea to go (anonymously) to two other blogs and critique them. Laura, who is not a trophy wife, is participating. But I declined.
1. I am critiqued. Every. Single. Day. I am given crazy things for which I need to provide "evidence."
Things like this-
Standard 1: Leadership
1. How do you show leadership in your classroom?
2. What are your classroom expectations and how do you know if your students know them?
3. What does your communication log with parents look like?
4. How do you support the SIT plan?
5. What involvement do you have in PLC meetings?
6. What roles of leadership do you have in our school and within WSFCS?
7. What staff development have you attended this school year?
8. Do you serve on any school committees?
9. What role do you take in training professionals in the school and beyond?
10. Do you utilize student surveys for you class?
Standard 4: Facilitating Learning
1. How do you utilize technology to enhance your lessons? Provide specific examples.
2. How do students utilize technology in your course?
3. How do you utilize EVASS reports and Blue Diamond to improve your instruction?
4. How you assess students and how you modify instruction accordingly?
5. Do you use research-based instructional strategies (i.e. LFI, KLT, etc.)? Give examples.
6. What types of instructional approaches do you utilize in the classroom?
7. Do you maintain student portfolios? If so, provide a sample portfolio.
8. How do you maintain high levels of student engagement?
9. Have you attended any professional development to assist you in facilitating learning for students?
10. Do you require students to make presentations? If so, give specific examples.
11. What does your grade distribution look like? Bring grade distributions from each quarter.
12. How do you teach 21st Century Skills to your students? Provide examples.
13. How do you encourage students to articulate their thoughts?
14. How you challenge students to think critically? Give examples of critical thinking exercises.
15. What are the resources that you utilize to teach your students?
Because, apparently, keeping the kids from killing each other isn't enough.
2. I have already spent over $30 on my header and button. So if you don't like it? Just remember that $30 is three hours of keeping 13- and 14-year-olds from killing each other.
3. Heather wants us to comment on grammar, punctuation, etc. I do that all day...why would I do it all weekend?
4. I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings.
5. Do I need people to tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have been blogging for over five years and still have only 120 followers. I know I'm doing something wrong. Folks have been telling me I'm wrong since 1968!
So, while this is a great idea if you're comfortable critiquing and being critiqued, go on over to Heather's blog and sign up. I'm sitting this one out.